May 11, 2013
Aldresha Bailey, 4x400m Relay (3:38.64)
First Team All-WAC
Aldresha Bailey, 4x400m Relay
Second Team All-WAC
Other Items of Note:
- Trey Hadnot was named the WAC Male Track Athlete of the Year marking the seventh consecutive year a Bulldog athlete has either been named the league’s track or field athlete of the year. Hadnot was named the WAC Male Track Athlete of the Year after winning four gold medals.
- Kim Francis’ time of 12.95 in the 100m hurdles marks the first time a Lady Techster hurdler has ran a sub-13 second mark in the hurdles. She set a new school record topping the old record of 13.07 set by Antoinette Cobb at the WAC Championships in 2010.
- Trey Hadnot’s time of 20.56 in the 200m prelims ranks 10th in the nation this year. That time is also tied for sixth in school history, matching the 20.56 time that Cornell Garrett ran in the 1981 Southland Conference Championships on April 24, 1981 in a conference meet that was, coincidentally, hosted by UT Arlington at Maverick Stadium.
- Joshua Cox’s javelin throw of 223-11 (68.26m) broke his own school record by over three feet. His previous record throw was 220-8 (67.26m) set at the Jim Mize Invitational in Ruston, La. earlier this season.
- Kim Francis ran 13.15 in the 100m hurdles marking a time that ranks tied for 11th in the nation and fourth in school history. While Francis ran a faster time earlier this season (13.14), that mark was wind-aided and does not qualify in the national championship qualifying list.
Freshman of the Year: Kylee Newman, Utah State
Freshman of the Year: Jonas Gutierrez, UTSA
Men’s and Women’s Coach of the Year: Dana Boone, Texas State
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs