UAPB Game Notes 2/21
Bulldogs implode for 13 runs
Feb. 21, 2012
UAPB February 21 Game Notes
- The first four hitters in Tech's lineup have started all four games.
- Today's lineup marked the fourth different lineup head coach Wade Simoneaux has used in as many games.
- With Gebhardt's double, the shortstop extended his hit streak to 21 games and has now reached base safely in 33 consecutive games.
- The Bulldogs batted around in the ninth inning, scoring all seven runs with two outs.
- Kody Neel's three-run HR in the ninth was the first as a Bulldog.
- Tech recorded six doubles in the game; the most since May 20, 2011 (vs. Sacramento St.)
- Dakota Doss became the first pitcher since Will Alvis to go from pitcher to the outfield and then return to the mound.
- Alex Williams started his 71st consecutive game, dating back to 2010.
- Freshman Bre'shon Kimbell started at 1B after starting two games in RF and one as DH.
- Dual-player Sam Alvis made his first career start as a Bulldog (CF).
- Alvis made 21 appearances from the bullpen and played three games in right field in 2011.
- Chris Sadberry was on the mound for the first time since March of last season (vs. Baylor)