Feb. 24, 2012
Louisiana Tech vs. McNeese Game Notes
February 24, 2012
- Shortstop Ryan Gebhardt singled to center in the second inning to extend his hitting streak to 23 games. Gebhardt was also hit by a pitch in the first inning to extend his streak of reaching base in 35 consecutive games.
- The Bulldogs have won four consecutive games including tonight’s victory over McNeese.
- Tech has had 10 or more hits in six consecutive games.
- Beau Bayliss recorded his first RBI in the first inning with a two RBI single. Bayliss finished the day with six total RBI’s. Bayliss also had a career high two hits in the win.
- Louisiana Tech has homered in each of the past six games for the first time since April 2010.
- The Bulldogs have scored 10 or more runs in the past three games for the first time since April 2010.
- All nine starters hit safely and scored a run for the first time since May 8, 2010 against Sacramento State.
- Louisiana Tech batted around to start a game for the first time since March 23, 2011 against Grambling State.
- Alex Williams has now started in 73 consecutive games for the Bulldogs.
- Catcher Tyler Qualls had a career high three RBI’s in tonight’s victory.
- With the victory Tech improves to 79-46 all-time against the cowboys.