Tech vs. Vanderbilt 2.29 Game Notes
Bulldogs upset Commodores 9-3
Feb. 29, 2012
- Louisiana Tech has used 10 different lineups through 10 games.
- The Bulldogs defeated an SEC school for the first time since 2007 (Tech defeated Arkansas 9-2 at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park).
- Today’s victory is the first victory against an SEC school on the road since 1994 (Mississippi St., 10-1)
- Phil Maton is making the first collegiate start of his career.
- Phil Maton pitched a career high 7.0 innings against the Commodores.
- Maton ties a career high as he struck out eight Vanderbilt hitters.
- With his RBI single in the second, shortstop Ryan Gebhardt has reached base in 39 consecutive games.
- Gebhardt recorded a career-high four hits and three RBI in the 9-3 victory.
- Taylor Burch solo home run in the ninth inning was the first home run of his career.
- Tyler Qualls recorded a career-best three hits in the 9-3 victory.
- Alex Williams has now started in 77 consecutive games for the Bulldogs.
- Ryan Gebhardt and Alex Williams have started all 10 games for LA Tech.
- Alex Williams singled in the first to extend his hitting streak to 12 games.
- Sam Alvis pinch hit for Taylor Terrasas in the top of the fourth inning.