March 7, 2012
Tech vs. Lamar 3/7 Game Notes
- Maton is the first pitcher to strike out eleven batters in a game since Mike Jefferson struck out 13 against Sacramento State on May 8, 2010.
- Phil Maton sat down ten consecutive Lamar batter up until an error in the fourth inning.
- Threlkeld on March 4, 2011 against Middle Tennessee State.
- Maton recorded a career high eleven strikeouts through six innings pitched, he now has 30 strikeouts on the season through 25.2 innings pitched.
- Maton was the first Louisiana Tech starter to reach double-digit strikeouts.
- The two hits given up by Maton are the fewest given up by a starter this season.
- Phil Maton now leads the team with three wins on the season.
- Austin Hedges recorded his first steal of the season when he stole home during the fourth inning.
- Hedges’ steal of home in the fourth was the first time a Tech player stole home since Mark
- Louisiana Tech has used 15 different lineups through 15 games
- Alex Williams has now started in 82 consecutive games for the Bulldogs
- Ryan Gebhardt and Alex Williams have started all 15 games for LA Tech
- Ryan Gebhardt has played every inning of every game this season.
- Bulldogs scored two runs in the first inning for the second consecutive game.
- Freshman Bre’shon Kimbell recorded his first steal of the season during the fourth inning.
- Jamie Gilley was used as a relief pitcher for the first time in his career during the seventh inning.
- Jeb Stefan appeared in relief to start the eighth inning for just the third time in his career.