March 18, 2012
Recap | Final Stats
Tech vs. Nebraska 3/18 Game Notes
- Louisiana Tech has used 20 different lineups through 20 games
- The 6-5 win ends a four-game losing streak for the Bulldogs as Tech moved to .500 on the season (10-10).
- Today's victory was the Bulldogs' 1,600 all-time win.
- Four hitters recorded multi-hit games; the first time four or more hitters have since game two vs. Middle Tennessee State (3/2/12)
- Alex Williams has now started in 87 consecutive games for the Bulldogs
- Ryan Gebhardt and Williams have started all 20 games for LA Tech.
- Gebhardt has played every inning this season.
- Gebhardt recorded his 12th multi-hit game after hitting two singles and a double on Sunday afternoon, tying Williams for the most on the team.
- Gebhardt’s double in the second inning was his team-leading ninth of the season.
- Gebhardt’s three singles in his first three plate appearances gave him four consecutive singles dating back to yesterday’s game.
- Gebhardt reached base safely four times for the second consecutive game.
- Taylor Burch’s solo home run to give the Bulldogs a 6-5 lead in the fifth inning was his second home run of the season and second of his career.
- Burch went 2-for-3 at the dish and recorded his first stolen base of the season in the eighth inning.
- Sam Alvis and recorded two hits and scored two runs as the leadoff hitter went 2-for-3 from the plate with one sacrifice bunt and a walk.
- Bre’shon Kimbell tied his career high with three hits and two runs scored on the afternoon
- Kimbell also drove in a run and stole second base as the freshman reached base safely four times on Sunday.
- Caleb Dudley pitched a season-high 4.1 innings in relief of starter Chris Sadberry.
- Dudley threw a career high 89 pitches on Sunday afternoon.
- Jeb Stefan recorded his first career save after pitching 1.2 innings.