Tech vs. Oral Roberts Game Three Notes
Head coach Simoneaux records his 250th career victory
April 1, 2012
- Louisiana Tech has had 28 different lineups through 28 games.
- The 3-2 victory was head coach Wade Simoneaux’s 250th career victory as head coach.
- Alex Williams home run in the top of the sixth inning was his eighth home run of the season and 30th of his career.
- Williams’ solo HR gave Tech a 2-1 lead; first lead they’ve had in the Oral Roberts Series.
- Williams’ home run was the first home run the Bulldogs hit in the sixth inning this season.
- Taylor Burch’s RBI-single in the top of the fifth inning marked the fifth consecutive plate appearance that the right fielder reached base safely.
- His single marked the fourth straight at-bat that the right fielder recorded a hit, dating back to yesterday’s game.
- Sam Alvis’ RBI-triple in the top of the ninth inning to give Tech a 3-2 lead was his first triple of his career.
- Jamie Gilley made his first start since March 17th (at Nebraska)
- Senior First Baseman Williams has started 96 consecutive games for the Bulldogs.
- Ryan Gebhardt and Williams have started all 28 games for Tech while Gebhardt has played every inning.
- Kyle Arnsberg started his first game at catcher since March 23 (vs. Dallas Baptist)