Louisiana Tech at Nevada Game Three Notes
Gilley allows just one hit in 5.0 innings while Alvis records three hits
April 15, 2012
- Louisiana Tech was swept for the first time this season.
- Sam Alvis recorded his eighth multi-hit game with three singles and tied his career-high with three hits.
- Kody Neel made his first start in right field since Feb. 22 at UALR.
- Neel went 2-for-3 at the dish with a career-high two doubles.
- Austin Hedges went 1-for-3 from the plate as the second baseman reached first base on an infield single and a walk.
- After allowing a leadoff single to the first batter he faced, Jamie Gilley retired the next 10 batters in order; the longest such streak by a Tech pitcher this season.
- With his single in the first inning, Bre’shon Kimbell reached base six times in 10 plate appearances as the freshman designated hitter has walked four times, singled once and doubled once.
- Gilley allowed just one hit and tied his career high with 5.0 innings out of the bullpen.
- Caleb Dudley’s appearance in the eighth inning tied Aaron Lorio for fourth in Tech history with 73 for his career.
- Alex Williams and Ryan Gebhardt have started all 36 games while Gebhardt has played every inning of every game.
- Williams has started 103 consecutive games dating back to last season.
- Williams tied Carl Boyd and Chris Loy for seventh in Tech history with 202 games played.
- Taylor Terrasas pinch hit in the eighth inning; the first time he played since March 30 at Oral Roberts.