Louisiana Tech at New Mexico State Game One Notes
Williams homers for the 10th time this season
April 19, 2012
- The 3-2 loss marked the fourth one-run Western Athletic Conference game for Louisiana Tech.
- Alex Williams hit his 10th home of the season in the sixth inning to tie the game at 1-1.
- The solo shot was Williams’ 32nd home run as a Bulldog.
- Williams’ solo shot gave Tech its first run in 11 innings; Tech last scored in the third inning of Sunday’s game at Nevada.
- Williams’ home run was his first hit in conference action since his solo shot on April 8 vs. Sacramento State.
- Williams and Ryan Gebhardt have started all 37 games while Gebhardt has played every inning of every game.
- Williams has started 104 consecutive games dating back to last season.
- With his start tonight, Williams took sole possession of seventh place in Tech history with 203 games played.
- Taylor Terrasas made his first start since March 30 at Oral Roberts.
- Sam Alvis’ leadoff single to begin the game marked the third consecutive game that Tech began a contest with a base hit.
- Alvis recorded his ninth multi-hit game with a single and a double.
- Alvis’ double plated Terrasas and gave the Bulldogs a 2-1 lead.
- The run in the seventh marked the first time Tech scored in back-to-back innings since April 10 vs. Stephen F. Austin.
- Austin Hedges’ single in the top of the fifth ended a streak of 12 consecutive hitters retired for the Bulldogs.
- Three of Tech’s six hits led off an inning.
- Jeb Stefan’s 129 pitches were the most the right-hander has thrown since April 30, 2009 against Hawai’I (129).