Tech vs. Fresno State Game Three Notes
DH Derouen cleared bases with a double; bullpen throws 7.0 scoreless innings
May 20, 2012
- The victory was the first conference road win for Louisiana Tech this season.
- Tech pitching held Fresno State scoreless thru the final 8.0 innings of the game.
- Jacob Derouen started for the first time since March 27 vs. Northwestern State.
- Derouen doubled in the first inning to record his first RBI of his Tech career (3) and his first double as a Bulldog.
- The three-run double cleared the bases for the Bulldogs and gave Tech a 3-0 lead.
- With the walk in the first inning, Alex Williams has reached base safely in 20 consecutive games.
- The infield single in the fourth inning extended his streaking streak to a career-high 14 games.
- The single by Taylor Terrasas marked the 11th consecutive game that the third baseman has reached base safely.
- Terrasas has reached base safely in his first plate appearance of a game for the fourth consecutive game.
- Williams and sophomore shortstop Ryan Gebhardt have started all 50 games for the Bulldogs while Gebhardt has played every inning of every game.
- Williams has started 117 consecutive games dating back to last season.
- With his start, Williams has played in his 216th career game (started 212), third most by any Tech player in the program’s history.
- Terrasas hit cleanup for the first time in his Tech career and is hitting outside of the leadoff spot for the first time since April 20 at New Mexico State.
- The Gebhardt RBI double in the ninth inning gave the Bulldogs their first run in the ninth inning since May 4 vs. San Jose State.
- Center fielder Corey White made his first start since March 18 at Nebraska and was the first leadoff hitter besides Terrasas since April 21 at New Mexico State.
- Dakota Doss made his first appearance since April 21 at New Mexico State and recorded his first strikeout since April 10 vs. Stephen F. Austin.
- Caleb Dudley’s appearance was the 27th of the season, tying four past pitchers for sixth most appearances in a single season.
- The 1.2 inning save by Dudley was his fourth multi-inning save of the season.
- The appearance marked the first time Dudley has pitched in back-to-back days since April 20-21 at New Mexico State.