Williams hits his 12th home run, Stefan pitches 8.0 innings of three-run ball
May 24, 2012
- Louisiana Tech fell to 8-9 in one-run games.
- Jacob Derouen made back-to-back starts for the first time in his Tech career.
- With his 27th appearance, Caleb Dudley tied Jimmy Faircloth and Marcus Clapp for most appearances in a single season.
- With the solo home run in the third, Williams hit his 12th home run of the season, the most he has had in any single season in his Tech career.
- The solo shot was his 33rd career home run, tying the senior for 10th all-time in Tech history.
- The home run was his 172nd RBI in his career, surpassing Chris Loy for second place all-time by any Bulldog hitter.
- Williams’ has now reached base safely in 21 consecutive games and has hit safely in 15 straight games.
- With his single in the first inning, Taylor Terrasas has reached base safely in 12 consecutive games.
- The single was also the fourth consecutive game the junior third baseman has reached base safely in his first plate appearance.
- Williams and sophomore shortstop Ryan Gebhardt have started all 51 games for the Bulldogs while Gebhardt has played every inning of every game.
- Williams has started 118 consecutive games dating back to last season.
- With his start, Williams has played in his 217th career game (started 213), third most by any Tech player in the program’s history.
- Stefan recorded his fifth quality start of the season after allowing three runs and striking out eight in 8.0 innings.