May 26, 2012
• The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs advanced farther than any other team in school history and eliminated three teams as the No. 6 seed in the WAC Tournament.
• With his start, senior first baseman Alex Williams has played in his 221th career game (started 217), third most by any Tech player in the program’s history.
• Williams and sophomore shortstop Ryan Gebhardt have started all 54 games for the Bulldogs while Gebhardt has played every inning of every game.
• Williams has started 122 consecutive games dating back to last season.
• Ben Carlisle made his first start since May 1, 2011 vs. Nevada.
• Carlisle made his first appearance since April 24 of this season vs. UALR.
• With his single, Williams extended his hitting streak to 19 games and on-base streak to 25 games.
• Tyler Qualls hit his first career home run in the top of the second inning to give the Bulldogs a 2-0 lead.
• Qualls’ home run was the fifth home run for the Bulldogs in the WAC Tournament, the most by any team this postseason.
• With his single in the sixth inning, Williams picked up his third hit of the game and took sole possession of second on the all-time total bases list in LA Tech history with 404.