April 9, 2012
RUSTON, La. - Chris Sadberry takes the hill for Louisiana Tech (16-16, 1-2 WAC) on Tuesday night at 6 p.m. as the Bulldogs host Stephen F. Austin (13-18, 6-9 SLC) in non-conference action at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.
Sadberry (2-1) will be making his first start since March 27 (vs. Northwestern State) and his first appearance since setting career-highs in innings (4.1) and strikeouts (five) on Wednesday vs. Grambling State (4/4).
Fabian Arcizo (0-0) will make his first start for Stephen F. Austin as the Bulldogs look for their 10th-consecutive victory against the Lumberjacks. Arcizo has made eight appearances for SFA and boasts a 1.20 ERA through 15 innings.
The Bulldogs began Western Athletic Conference action this past weekend and took the series opener, 7-5, against Sacramento State before dropping the final two games, 2-1, and 11-6, respectively.
Tech has hit 23 home runs through 32 games this season after hitting a total of 28 long balls in 2011. Senior first baseman Alex Williams leads the WAC with nine home runs and has compiled 31 home runs in his Tech career.
Tuesday's game will be "Foam Finger Night" as the first 100 fans in attendance will receive a free Louisiana Tech foam finger.
Fans can follow the game via Game Tracker and can listen to Patrick Walsh calling the action from the "Love Shack" on LA Tech All-Access.
For complete coverage of Bulldog Baseball, please follow @LATechKQueliz on Twitter or visit the official home of Louisiana Tech Athletics at LATechSports.com.
- The Bulldogs are 7-2 in one-run games.
- Tech is 13-0 when leading after six innings and are 3-1 when tied going into the ninth inning.
- The Bulldogs are 10-5 when scoring in the first inning.
- Tech has won nine consecutive games vs. Stephen F. Austin.
- Louisiana Tech has had 30 different lineups through 32 games.
- Senior First Baseman Alex Williams has started 99 consecutive games for the Bulldogs.
- Williams leads all Western Athletic Conference hitters with nine home runs.
- Williams ranks 10th all-time in Tech history with 198 games played and is one game away from tying Adam Cobb for ninth in Tech history.
- The senior is also fourth in Tech history with 161 RBI and eighth all-time with 223 hits.
- Caleb Dudley's 72 appearances tie the closer with Adam Kirkendall for fourth all-time in Tech history while his six saves in 2012 are tied for fifth-best in a single season.
- Shortstop Ryan Gebhardt and Williams have started all 32 games for Tech.
- Gebhardt is first on the team and second in the WAC in hits with 47.
- Taylor Terrasas has reached base safely in 12 consecutive games.
- Chris Sadberry will be making his first start since March 27 (vs. Northwestern State).
SCOUTING THE LUMBERJACKS
- Stephen F. Austin is coming off a record season that saw the Lumberjacks win the most games in school history (34) under head coach Johnny Cardenas.
- The Lumberjacks (13-18, 6-9 SLC) have lost nine straight games vs. Louisiana Tech with the last contest coming in 2009 (Tech won 8-6 in 10 innings).
- Hunter Dozier leads SFA's offense with a .342 batting average and eight home runs as the Lumberjacks are hitting .258 as a team with 22 home runs.
- The pitching staff has posted a 4.33 ERA led by Cameron Gann's 3-1 record with a 3.06 ERA.
- Fabian Arcizo (0-0) will make his first start of the season as the sophomore right hander has made all of his eight appearances out of the bullpen.
- Arcizo carries a 1.20 ERA through 15 innings, holding opponents to a .160 batting average.
The Bulldogs hit the road for six conference games as Tech heads to Reno to play the Wolf Pack of Nevada for a three-game series beginning on Friday, April, 13 at 8:05 p.m. CT.