Jan. 2, 2016
Louisiana Tech 87, Southern Miss 57
• With the 87-57 win, LA Tech improved to 12-2 which is the best start to a season since 2009.
• Southern Miss now leads the all-time series over LA Tech, 42-34. The Bulldogs have won four straight in the series for only the second time in school history.
• LA Tech's last five victories over Southern Miss have all come by double-digits.
• LA Tech has now won 11 straight home games versus Southern Miss. The last loss came in 1968.
• LA Tech has now won 39 straight home games, the second longest streak in the country behind Arizona. The program record is 40 (1982-85).
• LA Tech has now won 29 straight conference home games, the third longest active streak in the nation. The last loss came almost four years ago on Jan. 28, 2012.
• Since February of 2012, the Bulldogs are 58-1 inside the Thomas Assembly Center. It is the highest home winning percentage in the country during that span.
• The Bulldogs have won four straight conference openers.
• LA Tech is now 29-6 in Conference USA games, the best winning percentage since joining the league in 2013-14.
• For the 10th time this season, the Bulldogs scored at least 80 points.
• The 87 points scored by LA Tech were the most given up by Southern Miss this season.
• The Bulldogs scored 25 points in the first 16 minutes and 62 points in the final 24 minutes of action.
• The Bulldogs had five players score in double-figures for only the second time this season.
• LA Tech forced 20 turnovers, the fourth time this season to force at least 20 in a single game.
• For the fourth time this season, LA Tech had over a +10 turnover margin (20-8).
• Since the 2011-12 season, the Bulldogs are a perfect 44-0 when holding their opponents under 60 points. It is the fifth time this season they have done so.
• The Bulldogs had a 37-33 rebounding advantage. They are a perfect 8-0 this season when outrebounding their opponent.
• The Bulldogs have recorded double-digit offensive rebounds in five consecutive games.
• Alex Hamilton made his 89th straight start.
• Erik McCree scored a career-high 30 points (23 of which came in the first half). He has scored in double figures in 12 of 14 games this season.
• McCree added 10 rebounds to go along with his 30 points, his fourth double-double of the season which leads the team.
• Alex Hamilton finished with 14 points and has now scored in double figures in 13 of 14 games this season.
• Alex Hamilton became the sixth Bulldog in program history to have a perfect night from the night when shooting 12 or more free throws (12-of-12). The last Bulldog to achieve the feat was Derek Smith in 1998.
• Alex Hamilton recorded four steals, the third time this season he has registered four or more in a single game. He has at least one steal in every game but one this season.
• Alex Hamilton dished out nine assists, the third time this season he has recorded nine or more in a single game. He now has 382 career assists, tying him for sixth in program history with Alan Davis (1981-85).
• Dayon Griffin has made a three-pointer in eight of the last nine games. He was 2-of-4 from beyond the arc tonight to finish with 11 points.
• Derric Jean came off the bench to score 10 points on 4-of-5 shooting. It is the seventh time this season the true freshman has reached double-digit scoring.
• Jacobi Boykins was the fifth Bulldog in double figures with 12 points.
• After starting the first half 3-of-18 from the field, the Bulldogs went 8-of-13 to end the first half.
• McCree and Griffin combined to go 11-of-18 from the field in the first stanza. The rest of the Bulldogs went 0-of-13.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs