Jan. 3, 2015
Louisiana Tech-83, Southern Miss-70
• LA Tech won for just the fourth time ever (4-28) against Southern Miss on the road. The Bulldogs had lost eigtht straight with the last victory coming in 1972.
• LA Tech improved to 10-4 on the season with the 83-70 win.
• LA Tech has won its opening conference game each of the past three seasons. In the four years under coach White, this was the first time the Bulldogs began conference play on the road.
• Tonight was only USM's sixth loss at home since 2010.
• The Bulldogs forced 19 turnovers. It marks the eighth time this season they have forced at least 15 in a game.
• After being outrebounded in all 12 games to start the season, the Bulldogs have now outrebounded their opponent in the past two games.
• LA Tech shot a season-high 38 three-pointers. It is the second most three-pointers ever attempted by a Bulldog team (41 is the record).
• Kenneth Smith made his team-leading 96th career start.
• Alex Hamilton made his team-leading 53rd straight start as a Bulldog.
• Raheem Appleby had 22 points in the first half alone. It marked the fifth time in his career he has scored at least 20 in a single half.
• Xavian Stapleton scored 17 points, notching double digits for the third time in the last four games.
• Kenneth Smith matched his season-high with 11 assists, a feat he also did in the previous game against Southern Arkansas. He has recorded at least eight assists in a single game nine times this season.
• Kenneth Smith increased his assist total to 698. The senior needs only 15 more to break the LA Tech program record for career assists.
• Kenneth Smith registered a game-high five steals. It marked the sixth time this season he has recorded at least three in a game.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs