Jan. 8, 2015
Louisiana Tech-58, UTEP-45
• LA Tech won for just the second time ever against UTEP in El Paso with the 58-45 victory. They are now 2-7 in such games and 8-9 all-time.
• LA Tech improved to 11-4 on the season and 2-0 in Conference USA play.
• LA Tech improved to 6-3 in road C-USA games.
• The Bulldogs outrebounded their opponent for the third straight game. They outrebounded the Miners, 36-34.
• UTEP was held to a season-low 45 points and just 12 points in the second half. The 45 points were the fewest by UTEP in a home conference game since a 65-43 loss to SMU on March 1, 2003.
• Kenneth Smith made his team-leading 97th start as a Bulldog.
• Alex Hamilton made his team-leading 54th straight start as a Bulldog.
• Raheem Appleby scored a game-high 22 points. He has now 1,494 for his career and moved into 15th place on the all-time LA Tech scoring list.
• Appleby scored in double figures for the 14th time this season. It was only the eighth time this season he has led the Bulldogs in scoring.
• Alex Hamilton joined Appleby in double digit points with 11. The junior guard moved into 33rd place on the all-time scoring list.
• Kenneth Smith recorded eight assists, bringing his career total to 706 assists. He needs only seven more to become the all-time assists leader at LA Tech. It also marked the 10th time this season he has registered at least eight assists in a single game.
• Erik McCree was the third Bulldog in double figures with 13 points. It was the most points scored by the redshirt sophomore since he scored 25 against Louisiana-Lafayette on Dec. 10.
• Michale Kyser pulled down a team-high nine rebounds. He now has 606 boards for his career.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs