Jan. 9, 2016
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
• With the 93-90 victory, Louisiana Tech improved to 13-3 on the season and 2-1 in C-USA play.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series over Charlotte, 4-0.
• The Bulldogs are now 59-2 at home since February of 2012. It is the best home winning percentage in the country during that span.
• LA Tech is 28-16 all-time in home overtime games. The Bulldogs have won four straight in OT.
• This marked the second straight time the Bulldogs and 49ers have gone to overtime.
• The 93 points is the third most scored by the Bulldogs this season and the fourth time scoring 90+.
• The Bulldogs shot a season-best 57.4 percent from the field (35-61).
• LA Tech made 14 three-pointers which is a season high and the fifth most in program history.
• LA Tech starting lineup -- Alex Hamilton, Dayon Griffin, Jacobi Boykins, Erik McCree and Branden Sheppard.
• Alex Hamilton made his 91st straight start as a Bulldog.
• With 27 points, Alex Hamilton surpassed Lanky Wells (1973-77) and L.V. Norris (1951-55) for 10th place on the all-time scoring list. The senior guard now has 1,626 career points.
• Alex Hamilton has scored in double figures in 15 of 16 games this season.
• In the four meetings against Charlotte, Alex Hamilton is averaging 24.3 points per game.
• Dayon Griffin poured in a career-high 28 points on 10-of-11 shooting from the field.
• Dayon Griffin is just the fifth player in Bulldog history to make seven or more three point field goals in a game. The feat has been achieved six times, Kenyon McNeail did it twice.
• Dayon is the second Louisiana Tech player to make seven three pointers in the Thomas Assembly Center.
• Dayon Griffin shot 86 percent from the three point line. He is the first Bulldog to attempt eight three pointers and shoot over 83 percent from beyond the arc.
• Dayon Griffin is the third Bulldog in Thomas Assembly History to shoot over 90 percent from the field while attempting 11 or more field goals.
• Joseph Ochebo's 20 rebounds are the most by an opponent in the Thomas Assembly Center. The previous high was 18 by Melvin Simon (UNO, 1994).
• Louisiana Tech has won six straight games when coming off of a loss in conference play.
• Louisiana Tech has won multiple overtime games in a single season for the first time since the 1993-94 season. The Bulldogs went 2-1 in overtime games that season.
• In regular season Conference USA play the Bulldogs have only played two overtime games, both have come against Charlotte.
• The 14 three point field goals made as a team are the most in a conference game in school history.
• For the third time in school history Louisiana Tech has won consecutive meeting in overtime against an opponent. (Others: Nicholls State 68-69 Rice: 74-75 and 82-83)
• For the second time this season Alex Hamilton scored 25+ points while dishing out eight or more assists.
• Dayon Griffin recorded a career-high seven rebounds and a career-high four assists.
• Dayon Griffin is the first player in school history to shoot 90% from the field (min. 10 attempts) in two home games (road game percentages not available) in one season.
• Over the past five years, Louisiana Tech is 15-6 in one possession games.
• Louisiana Tech is 7-1 in Conference overtime games at the TAC since 2000.