Jan. 23, 2016
Final Stats |
Louisiana Tech 70, Southern Miss 59
Jan. 23, 2016
Reed Green Coliseum
• With the 70-59 win, Louisiana Tech improved to 14-5 on the season and 3-3 in C-USA play.
• LA Tech swept the season series with Southern Miss and now trails in the all-time series, 35-42.
• The Bulldogs have now won five straight against the Golden Eagles, the longest winning streak in the history of the series.
• LA Tech has now won two straight on the road against Southern Miss for the first time in program history.
• The 20 made field goals was the second fewest in a single game this season for the Bulldogs.
• The Bulldogs held the Golden Eagles to under 60 points for a second time this season (seventh total this season).
• For a third straight game, LA Tech outrebounded its opponent (42-33).
• LA Tech starting lineup -- Alex Hamilton, Jacobi Boykins, Dayon Griffin, Erik McCree and Merrill Holden. This was the second straight game with this starting lineup.
• Alex Hamilton made his 94th straight start.
• Erik McCree posted his team-leading fifth double-double of the season with a game-high 25 points and 10 rebounds.
• Alex Hamilton registered 15 points. The senior has scored 13+ points in 18 of 19 games this season.
• Alex Hamilton went 8-of-10 from the foul line. It marked the 23rd time in his career he has attempted at least 10 free throws in a single game.
• Dayon Griffin added 13 points while also tying his career high with seven rebounds. Griffin has now scored in double-digits in six of the last seven games.
• Jy'lan Washington came off the bench to record three blocks. It marked the fourth time this season the freshman has had at least three rejections in a single game.