Jan. 28, 2016
Final Stats |
Louisiana Tech 85, UTSA 75
Jan. 28, 2016
Thomas Assembly Center
• With the 85-75 win, Louisiana Tech improves to 15-5 on the season and 4-3 in C-USA play.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series against UTSA, 9-2. The Bulldogs have won four straight.
• LA Tech is now a perfect 5-0 at home versus UTSA.
• Since February of 2012, LA Tech is 60-2 at home which is tied for the best winning percentage in the nation (Wichita State) during that span.
• LA Tech is now 11-1 at home this season.
• The Bulldogs shot 51.9 percent from the field (27-52) which is their second best shooting performance of the season.
• The Bulldogs dished out 22 assists, the second most this season.
• LA Tech matched its season high with 10 blocks.
• LA Tech went 23-of-32 from the foul line. It marked the sixth time this season the Bulldogs have had at least 30 free throw attempts in a single game. They are 5-1 in such games.
• LA Tech starting lineup -- Alex Hamilton, Dayon Griffin, Jacobi Boykins, Erik McCree and Merrill Holden. This marked the third straight game with this group of five starters.
• Alex Hamilton made his 95th consecutive start.
• The Bulldogs had five players score in double figures for the first time since Jan. 2 versus Southern Miss.
• Alex Hamilton moved into ninth place on the all-time career scoring list as the senior scored a team-high 18 points. He now has 1,692 points for his career, passing Kyle Gibson (2006-10).
• Alex Hamilton went 10-of-14 from the foul line. It marked the 24th time in his career he has taken at least 10 free throw attempts in a single game.
• Alex Hamilton dished out a season-high 11 assists to help notch his fourth double-double of the season and the sixth of his career.
• Jacobi Boykins tied a season high with 16 points. The sophomore tied his career high with four made three-pointers (4-6).
• Dayon Griffin registered17 points despite being in foul trouble. The sophomore has scored in double figures in seven of the last eight games.
• Erik McCree recorded 15 points, the 16th time he has reached double digits in scoring. He also pulled down a team-high nine rebounds.
• Merrill Holden tied his career high with four rejections.
• Derric Jean tied his career high with five assists.