Jan. 31, 2016
Final Stats |
Louisiana Tech 78, UTEP 70
Jan. 31, 2016
Thomas Assembly Center
• With the 78-70 victory, Louisiana Tech improved to 16-5 on the season and 5-3 in Conference USA play.
• The Bulldogs have won three straight against the Miners and now lead the all-time series, 10-9.
• LA Tech improved to 12-1 at home this season and 7-1 at home against UTEP.
• Since February of 2012, the Bulldogs are now 61-2 at home which is the best home winning percentage in the country during that span.
• LA Tech picked up its seventh win of the season when trailing at the midway point. The Bulldogs were down 33-32 to the Miners at intermission.
• LA Tech improved to 16-1 this season when leading with five minutes to go in the game. They led 65-60 with five minutes to go.
• The Bulldog defense forced 23 turnovers which tied a season high. They had forced no more than 11 in the last six games.
• It marked the fifth time this season the Bulldogs have forced 20+ turnovers in a single game.
• Since the 2011-12 season, the Bulldogs are 81-14 when forcing 15+ turnovers in a game.
• LA Tech made 12 three-pointers, the second most this season.
• In the five league wins, the Bulldogs have attempted at least 20 free throws. They went 16-of-23 from the foul line.
• LA Tech starters -- Alex Hamilton, Dayon Griffin, Jacobi Boykins, Erik McCree and Merrill Holden. This is the fourth straight game with this starting lineup.
• Alex Hamilton made his 96th straight start.
• For a second straight game and the third time this season, all five starters scored in double figures.
• Jacobi Boykins tied his career high with 18 points while making a career-high five three-pointers. The sophomore is 9-of-13 from beyond the arc in the last two games.
• Dayon Griffin registered 16 points while taking a career-high 13 field goal attempts.
• Dayon Griffin connected for four three-pointers, the third time this season he has hit at least four in a single game.
• In league play, Dayon Griffin is 21-of-40 from three-point range for 53 percent shooting.
• Erik McCree recorded his sixth double-double of the season with 14 points and 13 rebounds. The 13 boards was a new career high for the redshirt junior.
• Alex Hamilton scored 14 points. The senior has registered 13+ points in 20 of 21 games played this season. He also had a game-high nine assists.
• Merrill Holden tallied 12 points. The junior has scored in double digits in four of the last five games. He also recorded three blocks to bring his season total to 20.