Feb. 4, 2016
Louisiana Tech 90, Rice 78
• With the 90-78 victory, Louisiana Tech improved to 17-5 on the season and 6-3 in Conference USA play.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series against Rice, 12-5. The Bulldogs have won five straight over the Owls.
• The Bulldogs are riding a four-game winning streak.
• LA Tech has won 17 of its last 18 games over Texas schools.
• With the win, the Bulldogs became only the 13th team in the country to reach 100 wins since the 2012-13 season.
• The Bulldogs scored 90+ points for the fifth time this season and the first time on the road.
• The 55.7 percent (34-61) shooting percentage is the second highest as a team this season.
• LA Tech scored 52 points in the paint, the second most this season (56 versus Millsaps College, Nov. 13).
• The 24 fouls committed was a season-high for the Bulldogs.
• The 15 three-point shot attempts was the second fewest of the season for LA Tech. The Bulldogs went 6-of-15 for 40 percent.
• The Bulldogs limited the Owls to 78 points. Rice came in averaging 89 points in its last three home games.
• Alex Hamilton made his 97th consecutive start.
• Alex Hamilton tied his career high with 31 points (at Oklahoma, 12/30/13). The senior guard now has 1,737 points as he passed Paul Millsap (2003-06) and Karl Malone (1982-85) to move into seventh on the all-time career scoring list.
• It marked the fifth time in Hamilton's career he has scored 30+ points in a single game and the second time this season.
• Alex Hamilton has scored at least 13 points in 21 of 22 games this season.
• Alex Hamilton also led the team in rebounding with nine and in assists with five.
• Alex Hamilton went 10-of-15 from the foul line. It marked the 25th time in his career he has attempted at least 10 free throws in a single game.
• Alex Hamilton had one steal, tying him for second on the all-time career steals list with Gerrod Henderson (1998-2002). He now has 191 steals
• Dayon Griffin scored 15 points. The sophomore guard has scored in double figures in nine of the last 10 games.
• Erik McCree finished with 15 points. The junior forward has scored in double figures in 18 of 22 games this season.
• Derric Jean came off the bench to score 12 points. It marked the first game the freshman has registered 10+ points since Jan. 2 versus Southern Miss. He had only scored eight points total in the last five games combined.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs