Feb. 14, 2015
Louisiana Tech-75, FIU-42
• With the 75-42 victory, Louisiana Tech leads the all-time series over FIU, 5-3. The Bulldogs have now won two straight over the Panthers.
• With the win, LA Tech improved to 20-6 on the season. The victory marks the third straight 20-win season for the Bulldogs, a first since 1989-92. They are also the first C-USA school to reach 20 wins this season.
• The victory also marked the 21st 20-win season in the history of Bulldog Basketball.
• Head coach Michael White now has three 20-win seasons. He is only one back of tying the program record held by Tommy Joe Eagles with four.
• LA Tech is now 11-2 in Conference USA play. The win keeps the Bulldogs in sole possession of first place with five league games to go.
• LA Tech has won 26 straight games in the Thomas Assembly Center which is the sixth longest active streak in the country and the third longest in program history.
• LA Tech has won 25 straight conference games at home which is the fourth longest active streak in the nation. The last loss came on Jan. 28, 2012.
• Coach White boasts a 94-37 overall record in his fourth season with the Bulldogs.
• The Bulldogs are a perfect 39-0 under coach White when holding their opponents under 60 points. They have done so 11 times this season.
• The Bulldogs held the Panthers to just 42 points. It was the fewest points allowed by the Bulldogs this season and the fewest scored by the Panthers this season. FIU's previous low was 52 points.
• The Bulldog defense forced 28 turnovers, the most in a single game in the past four seasons under coach White. The previous high was 27 which had been done twice.
• In the past four seasons under coach White, LA Tech has forced at least 15 turnovers in 80 out of 131 games (61 percent).
• The Bulldog defense came away with 17 steals, a new season high. It ties for the third most in program history.
• FIU came into the game leading the league in field goal percentage defense. LA Tech shot 47.5 percent from the field in the game.
• Speedy made his team-leading 108th career start.
• Xavian Stapleton added 13 points. It is the second time in the past three games he has scored in double digits.
• Joniah White registered a career-high six points and matched his career high in rebounding with five.
• Erik McCree had a team-high eight rebounds. It marks the ninth time this season he has led the Bulldogs in rebounding.
• Kenneth Smith registered 11 assists. It marked the 16th time this season he has had at least eight assists in a single game.
• With 11 assists, Kenneth Smith has 205 assists on the season. He became the first Bulldog to ever have multiple seasons with at least 200 assists.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs