Feb. 18, 2016
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes
Louisiana Tech 87, UTSA 74
Feb. 18, 2016
UTSA Convocation Center
• With the 87-74 win, LA Tech improved to 20-6 on the season. It marks the 23rd 20-win season for the Bulldogs in the program's history and the fourth straight.
• LA Tech improved to 9-4 in Conference USA, remaining in fourth in the league standings.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series over UTSA, 10-2. The Bulldogs have won five straight overall and four straight in San Antonio.
• The Bulldogs have now won seven of their last eight games.
• With the 20th victory, Eric Konkol tied Jerry Loyd (1989-90) and Tommy Joe Eagles (1985-86) for the most wins for a first-year head coach at LA Tech.
• The Bulldogs shot a season-high 60.4 percent from the field (32-53), the best percentage since shooting 63.2 percent on Nov. 25, 2013 versus UNCG.
• LA Tech is a perfect 9-0 this season when shooting at least 50 percent.
• The 87 points scored is the second most on the road this season.
• The Bulldogs had a +11 rebounding advantage. It marked the third game this season the Bulldogs had at least at +10 rebounding margin in a single game.
• The Bulldogs had a season-high nine dunks.
• LA Tech starting lineup -- Alex Hamilton, Dayon Griffin, Jacobi Boykins, Jy'lan Washington and Merrill Holden. This was the 11th different starting lineup for the Bulldogs this season.
• Alex Hamilton made his 101st straight start.
• True freshman Jy'lan Washington made his second career start.
• Alex Hamilton scored a game-high 25 points on 10-of-11 shooting. It marked the 10th time this season the senior has scored at least 20 points in a single game.
• By going 4-of-6 from the foul line, Alex Hamilton set a new program record for career free throw attempts, passing Anthony Dade (1988-92). He now has 771.
• Merrill Holden had a career high in points (18) and rebounds (nine). The junior has scored in double figures in seven of the last 10 games.
• Derric Jean came off the bench to score a career-high 16 points. His previous best was 15 versus Southern back on Dec. 18.
• Jacobi Boykins added 14 points while hitting two three-pointers. The sophomore has hit a three-pointer in 22 of 24 games this season.
• Alex Hamilton tied his career high with five steals. He now has 200 for his career which ranks as the second most in program history.