Feb. 23, 2012
Final Stats |
Louisiana Tech vs. Central Arkansas Game Notes
Feb. 18, 2012
- Louisiana Tech improves to 13-14 on the year.
- Bulldogs even series against Central Arkansas at 1-1.
- Second consecutive win for LA Tech.
- Freshman guard Kenneth Smith set a school record with 15 assists in the game. Broke previous record of 14 set by Bud Dean at Nicholls State on Jan. 17, 1969.
- Smith also set the record for most assists at the Thomas Assembly Center. The previous high was 13 assists by former Bulldog Wayne Smith on Feb. 14, 1983 against Lamar.
- Freshman forward Michale Kyser blocked five shots against the Bears, tied for the second most in his career. He also had five blocks at UT-Arlington earlier this season.
- Kyser scored a career-high 12 points.
- Senior forward Romario Souza made a season-high seven free throws.
- As a team, Tech shot a season-best 50.8 percent (31-of-61) from the field.
- Sophomore guard Kenyon McNeail’s three-pointer at the 12:20 mark of the first half was the 203rd of the season for the Bulldogs, breaking the previous record of 202 set by the 2009-10 team.
- Through 27 games Tech has made 207 three-point field goals.
- Freshman guard Raheem Appleby scored 18 points in 22 minutes of playing time.
- Sophomore guard Cordarius Johnson scored 16 points on 7-of-14 shooting.
- All 13 dressed Bulldogs saw playing time.
- Freshman forward Stojan Gjuroski made the first field goal of his career. He finished the game 2-for-5 for four points. His second made field goal at the 3:04 mark of the second half was the 15 assist of the game for Smith.
- Junior forward J.L. Lewis attempted a season-high two three-pointers.
- Freshman forward Robby Price attempted his first career field goal.