March 5, 2016
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes
WKU 96, Louisiana Tech 90 OT
March 5, 2016
E.A. Diddle Arena
• With the overtime loss, Louisiana Tech ended the regular season with a 23-8 overall record.
• LA Tech finished Conference USA play with a 12-6 record, becoming the No. 4 seed in the league tournament.
• LA Tech is now 7-7 in road games this season.
• LA Tech now trails in the all-time series with WKU, 16-14.
• This was the first overtime game the Bulldogs have lost this season, having won all three prior to tonight.
• The Bulldogs forced 16 turnovers. Since the 2011-12 season, the team has forced at least 15 turnovers in 98 out of 172 games (57 percent of the time). This was only the second time this season the game resulted in a loss after forcing 15+.
• Bulldog starters -- Alex Hamilton, Dayon Griffin, Jacobi Boykins, Erik McCree and Merrill Holden. • Alex Hamilton made his 106th consecutive start as a Bulldog.
• Alex Hamilton became the first Bulldog since Randy White (1989) to score at least 30 points in back-to-back games. He finished with a team-high 33 points.
• With the 33 points, Alex Hamilton moved into third on the all-time career scoring list passing Randy White (1985-89). He now has 1,951 career points.
• Alex Hamilton has scored 20 or more points in eight of the last 10 games.
• This marked Alex Hamilton's fourth game this season of 30+ points and the eighth of his career. He is now tied for fifth in program history for the most 30-plus scoring performances.
• Alex Hamilton was a perfect 11-of-11 from the foul line. It marked the third time in his career he shot 100 percent from the foul line when attempting at least 10 free throws. Earlier this season he went 12-of-12.
• Over the last four games, Alex Hamilton is averaging 28.8 points, 7.0 rebounds, 7.5 assists and 2.8 steals per game.
• Erik McCree scored 20 points, 17 of those coming in the second half. It marked the 10th time this season and the 12th time in his career the junior has scored 20+ points in a single game.
• Alex Hamilton and Erik McCree combined to score 53 points. They have combined to score 1,082 points this season, making them the seventh highest scoring tandem in program history.
• With five assists, Alex Hamilton moved into fourth on the career assists lists, passing Kelvin Lewis (1984-88). He now has 489.
• Alex Hamilton registered a game-high four steals. It marked the sixth time this season he has had at least four steals in a single game.