Nov. 13, 2015
Final Stats |
LA Tech-95, Millsaps College-33
Nov. 13, 2015
Thomas Assembly Center
• With the 95-33 win over Millsaps College, LA Tech improved to 1-0 on the season.
• LA Tech is now 27-7 in home openers in the TAC, having won nine straight.
• The Bulldogs improved to 24-5 in season openers at home.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series over Millsaps College, 15-12.
• Eric Konkol picked up victory No. 1 as head coach of the Bulldogs.
• LA Tech extended its home winning streak to 31, the fourth longest active streak in the country. • Since February of 2012, LA Tech is 50-1 at home which is the highest winning percentage in the country during that span.
• The 33 points were the fewest allowed by the Bulldogs in TAC history and also the second fewest since 1950.
• The 62-point victory was the fifth biggest win in program history and the third biggest in the TAC. • The Bulldog defense forced 21 turnovers and only gave up 11, recording a +10 turnover margin for the 27th time in the last four-plus seasons.
• The 51 total rebounds by the Bulldogs were the most since Jan. 16, 2014 at Tulane (53).
• The starting lineup included Alex Hamilton, Qiydar Davis, Branden Sheppard, Dayon Griffin and Erik McCree.
• Alex Hamilton made his 76th consecutive start.
• Erik McCree made his 37th straight start.
• Qiydar Davis, Branden Sheppard and Dayon Griffin all recorded their first start ever as a Bulldog. Alex Hamilton registered 16 points, giving him 1,348 for his career which moved him past Chester Coker (1951-55) for 23rd place on the all-time scoring list.
• Alex Hamilton moved into 10th place in program history for career free throw attempts, passing Mike Green (1969-73). He now has 562 for his career after adding five attempts.
• Alex Hamilton moved into seventh in school history for career made free throws, passing Karl Malone (1982-85). He now has 412 after adding four against the Majors.
• Alex Hamilton tied his career-high with five steals. He now has 155 for his career, moving him to fifth on the all-time career steals list, passing Karl Malone (1982-85) and Lonnie Cooper (1995-99). • Alex Hamilton pulled down a career-high 13 rebounds which was also a game high. The double-digit boards helped to give the senior his third career double-double.
• Erik McCree had a game-high 17 points, including three three-pointers.
• Dayon Griffin registered a career-high 10 points.
• Redshirt freshman Branden Sheppard saw his first career action as a Bulldog, recording 10 points and nine boards.
• Three freshmen all contributed in their first game in a Bulldog uniform -- Derric Jean had 14 points to go along with three assists and three steals, Jy'lan Washington had five points and six rebounds and Luke Walker had two points and one board.
• Junior college transfer Da'Shawn Robinson played 23 minutes and registered six points, three assists and two steals.