Nov. 22, 2014
Louisiana Tech-63, American-44
• With the 63-44 victory over American, LA Tech improved to 3-1 on the season. It was the first meeting between the two programs.
• The victory marked the 15th straight at home. LA Tech has also won 34 of the last 35 in the TAC.
• LA Tech is now a perfect 68-0 under coach White when leading with five minutes to go in the game. The Bulldogs led the Eagles, 62-49, with five minutes to go last night.
• LA Tech's 63 total points scored was the most surrendered by American this season. The previous high was 46 by an AU defense that was just allowing 41 points per game coming into tonight.
• Under coach White, LA Tech is now a perfect 29-0 when holding its opponents to under 60 points.
• With three blocks against American, Michale Kyser needed only one to set the career blocks record (269) held by Willie Simmons (1981-85).
• Raheem Appleby finished with a game-high 16 points, giving him 1,290 career points which moved him into 23rd place on the LA Tech career scoring list. He passed Joe Abendroth (1960-64).
• Kenneth Smith finished with eight assists. It marked the 62nd time the senior point guard has recorded at least five assists in a single game.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs