Nov. 27, 2015
Louisiana Tech -- 71, NC Central -- 50 Nov. 27, 2015 Thomas Assembly Center
· LA Tech is 5-0 on the season after a 71-50 win over North Carolina Central. With the 21-point victory over NC Central, the Bulldogs match their best start to the regular season since 1990.
· Tonight’s attendance of 4,227 marks LA Tech’s largest home non-conference attendance since Dec. 29, 2011.
· With the win tonight, Eric Konkol became just the second head coach in program history to win his first five games at the helm.
· Tonight’s match-up between LA Tech and NC Central marked the first ever meeting on the court between the two programs. The Bulldogs now lead the all-time series, 1-0, over the Eagles.
· LA Tech has won 33 straight games at home after the win over NC Central which is the fourth longest active home winning streak in the country.
· The Bulldogs forced 22 turnovers by NC Central in the win tonight, which marks the 34th time the team has forced at least 20 turnovers since the 2011-12 season. It marks the second time this season the team has forced 20 or more turnovers. Since 2011-12, the Bulldogs are 75-14 when forcing 15 or more turnovers.
· Alex Hamilton made his 80th consecutive start as a Bulldog.
· Erik McCree made his 41st straight start tonight versus North Carolina Central.
· With nine points against NC Central, Alex Hamilton jumped to sole possession of 19th place on LA Tech’s career scoring list with 1,407 career points as a Bulldog.
· Jacobi Boykins has scored in double figures in every game this season, including 10 points versus NC Central.
· LA Tech trailed NC Central, 27-24, at halftime, but after outscoring the Eagles 47-23 in the second half, the Bulldogs mounted their second second-half comeback of the season. Earlier in the season, Tech defeated UT Arlington, 80-68, after trailing by 10 points at halftime.
· Ten blocks is the most by the Bulldogs in a single game this season thus far. It marks the first time Tech has had at least 10 blocks since Feb. 28, 2015 in a win over UTSA in Ruston (11).
· Joniah White registered four blocks in the win over NC Central, which marks a new career high for the sophomore.
· Dayon Griffin totaled a career-high 11 points in the Bulldogs’ win over NC Central.
· Qiydar Davis led the Bulldogs with 13 points and recorded his first career double-double against the Eagles with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs