Dec. 28, 2015
Louisiana Tech 77, Prairie View A&M 58
Dec. 28, 2015
Thomas Assembly Center
• With the 77-58 victory, Louisiana Tech improved to 11-2 on the season. It matches the best start to the regular season since 2009.
• LA Tech has now won 38 straight games at home, the second longest active streak in the country. The program record is 40 (1982-85).
• Since February of 2012, LA Tech is 57-1 (.983) at home which is the best home winning percentage in the country during that span.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series over Prairie View A&M, 1-0. This was the first meeting ever between the Bulldogs and Panthers.
• The Bulldogs went 4-0 against SWAC opponents this season with victories over Southern, Jackson State, Grambling State and Prairie View A&M.
• LA Tech has now won 11 straight games against SWAC opponents.
• With the victory, it marks the seventh time in the last eight seasons that the Bulldogs went undefeated at home during non-conference play, finishing 8-0 this season.
• With 11 wins, Eric Konkol matches the most wins through the first 13 games for a first-year head coach in program history at LA Tech.
• Since the 2011-12 season, the Bulldogs have forced at least 15 turnovers in 93 out of 154 games. They forced 18 by the Panthers.
• Since the 2011-12 season, LA Tech is a perfect 43-0 when holding its opponent under 60 points. Prairie View A&M was held to 58.
• LA Tech outrebounded Prairie View A&M, 41-35. The Bulldogs are a perfect 7-0 this season when outrebounding their opponent.
• LA Tech starters – Alex Hamilton, Dayon Griffin, Jacobi Boykins, Erik McCree and Branden Sheppard. It marked the fifth straight game with this starting lineup.
• Alex Hamilton made his 88th consecutive start.
• Alex Hamilton set the program record for career made free throws, surpassing Gerrod Henderson (1998-02). The senior guard now has 474 for his career.
• Alex Hamilton passed Gerrod Henderson (1998-02) for seventh on the all-time career assists list. He now has 373.
• Alex Hamilton jumped two spots to 12th on the all-time career scoring list, passing Dave Simmons (1977-81) and Billy Wiggins (1952-56). He now has 1,570.
• Alex Hamilton posted his third double-double of the season with a game-high 23 points and 10 assists. He also led the team in rebounding with seven.
• Alex Hamilton has now scored in double digits in 12 of 13 games this season.
• Over the last two games, Alex Hamilton is shooting 19-of-25 from the field for 76 percent.
• Alex Hamilton attempted 10 free throws for the 19th time in his career. He went 8-of-10 from the foul line.
• Derric Jean came off the bench to register 10 points and five rebounds. He has now scored in double figures in six games this season.
• Jacobi Boykins and Dayon Griffin posted double-digit performances with 12 and 10 points, respectively.
• Merrill Holden had a career-high four blocks.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs