Sept. 9, 2017
Final Stats |
Louisiana Tech vs. Mississippi State
Sept. 9, 2017
Joe Aillet Stadium
• Louisiana Tech captains were Teddy Veal, Jarred Craft, Secdrick Cooper, Deldrick Canty and Jonathan Barnes.
• Announced attendance: 28,100. It is the second largest attendance in Joe Aillet Stadium history.
• With the 57-21 loss, LA Tech now trails the all-time series versus Mississippi State, 10-3.
• LA Tech is now 1-1 against Mississippi State in Ruston.
• Mississippi State won the coin toss and elected to defer to the second half.
• Aside from the crazy 87-yard loss play, the Bulldogs gained 239 total yards on the ground.
• Ethan Reed and Jarred Craft each made their 16th straight start.
• Guard O'Shea Dugas made his 25th start as a Bulldog, the most on the team.
• Wide receiver DeJuawn Oliver made his first career start as a Bulldog.
• J'Mar Smith was 10-of-23 on the night for 140 yards.
• Westin Elliott saw his first career action as a Bulldog, completing three passes for 23 yards. The junior college transfer registered his first touchdown pass as well on a 9-yard completion.
• Boston Scott led LA Tech in rushing with 13 attempts for 96 yards (third most of his career). Through two games, he the senior is averaging 6.9 yards per carry.
• Jarred Craft led the team with 18 rushing attempts, going for 81 yards on the ground.
• Jaqwis Dancy posted career highs with seven rushes for 45 yards.
• Freshman Israel Tucker saw his first career action as a Bulldog, registering three rushing attempts for 25 yards.
• Kam McKnight scored his eighth career rushing touchdown (has only 17 total rushing attempts).
• Marcus Gaines had a game-high 104 receiving yards on three catches. It was his second career 100-yard receiving game.
• Marcus Gaines hauled in a 58-yard reception on the opening drive of the game which helped set up a field goal. It was the second longest reception of the senior's career.
• Freshman Cee Jay Powell caught his first pass as a Bulldog, ending the night with two catches.
• Freshman Zach Cousar saw his first career action as a Bulldog while also catching his first ever pass that went for a touchdown.
• Kam McKnight took a handoff out of the T-Formation and walked into the end zone for the touchdown, giving LA Tech a 9-0 lead with 6:46 left in the first quarter (extra point was blocked).
• With 15 seconds to go in the game, Westin Elliott connected with Zach Cousar for a 9-yard touchdown.
• Jaylon Ferguson made his 16th consecutive start.
• Amik Robertson registered his first career interception which he returned 61 yards to the two-yard line. The Bulldogs scored two plays later.
• Amik Robertson also had four tackles, one for loss, and a pass break-up in just his second career game.
• Brandon Durman led the team with eight tackles which tied his career high.
• With two made field goals and one extra point, Jonathan Barnes became the all-time career scoring leader at LA Tech for kickers (361). He passed Matt Nelson (2009-12).
• Jonathan Barnes moved into fourth all-time in career FG attempts. After two attempts on the night, the senior now has 73 for his career.
• Jonathan Barnes connected on a 27-yard field goal on the Bulldogs opening drive of the game.
• Jonathan Barnes nailed a 45-yard field goal as time expired in the first half.
• Brady Farlow had seven punts for the Bulldogs, averaging 37.0 per punt with a long of 47.
• Special teams blocked two extra points on the night, one of which was returned for a safety by Amik Robertson.