Sept. 10, 2011
RUSTON, La. -
• The 20,652 fans mark the largest crowd for a Louisiana Tech game against a FCS opponent since they joined the FBS in 1989.
• Nick Isham recorded his first touchdown pass of his career in a 42 yard completion to Quinton Patton with 10:10 left to play in the first quarter.
• The touchdown reception by Patton was the first of his career.
• Isham completed his longest (and second) touchdown pass (72 yards) to Quinton Patton with 4:31 left to play in the first quarter.
• Isham's 72 yard touchdown pass was the first 70+-yard pass from scrimmage since Zac Champion completed a 70-yard pass to Phillip Livas on November 2, 2007.
• The 72-yard touchdown was the shortest scoring drive of the season taking only 15 seconds.
• The two passing touchdowns are the most passing touchdowns recorded by the Bulldogs this season.
• Isham threw for 318 yards, marking a season high for both Isham and the Bulldogs. The first 300 yard passing game for a Bulldog quarterback since Ross Jenkins threw for 357 yards against Nicholls State on Sept. 19, 2009.
• The Bulldogs rushed for 237 yards, marking a season high.
• Isham threw his first career interception in the second quarter.
• Adrian Cole and Christian Lacey recorded their first sacks of the season in the first quarter.
• Lennon Creer rushed for 183 yards. The 183 rushing yards mark his seventh game rushing for over 100 yards. It is the first time a Tech player rushed for at least 100 yards since he rushed for 107 at New Mexico State on Nov. 13, 2010.
• Creer's longest rush of the season came in the third quarter when he rushed for a total of 23 yards.
• Creer recorded his second touchdown of the game and third of the season with 4:55 remaining in the third quarter. His first of the season came with 5:17 left in the second quarter.
• Andrew Guillot recorded a 52 yard career long punt return in the second quarter. It is the longest punt return for the Bulldogs this season.
• Jon'al White recorded his first career sack in the second quarter. White finished the game 1.5 sacks, which is the most for a Tech player in a game this season.
• Ray Holley completed his first career pass and second career attempt for a three yard gain to Taulib Ikharo. Four non quarterbacks attempted passes for Louisiana Tech last season.
• Holley recorded his first touchdown of the season and third of his career on a four yard run with 9:16 left to play in the third quarter.
• Holly recorded his second touchdown of the game with 58 seconds left to play in the fourth quarter. His two touchdowns are the most he has recorded in a single game.
• Patton had eight receptions which is the most for a Tech player in the 2011 campaign.
• Patton 211 receiving yards ties him for the 10th highest single game performance in Bulldog history, with Tommy Spinks who did it against UL-Lafayette on Oct. 12, 1968.
• The 372 passing yards by Central Arkansas' Nathan Dick is the most the Bulldogs have allowed against their opposition this season. It is the first time the Bulldogs have allowed over 300 yards since they allowed 373 yards against Idaho on October 16, 2010.
• The four touchdown passes from Central Arkansas' Nathan Dick is the most allowed to an opposing quarterback since San Jose State's Jordan La Secla threw for five touchdowns on November 27, 2010.
• Jesse Grandy is the first opposing player to record at least 100 yards receiving against the Bulldogs since San Jose State's Jalal Beauchman (178 yards) and Ryan Otten (120 yards) on November 27, 2010.
• Johnson recorded his first career interception in the fourth quarter, returning it for 19 yards. Tonight's game marks the second consecutive game a Tech player has intercepted the ball.
• Quinton Patton's 162 receiving yards are the most by a Tech receiver since Shawn Piper recorded 171 receiving yards at Michigan State on Sept. 13, 2003.
• Jerre McKnight recorded a 73 yard fumble return for a touchdown with 2:08 left to play in the fourth quarter. The last time an opponent returned a fumble for a touchdown against the Bulldogs was on Nov. 21, 2009 when Fresno State's Ben Jacobs returned a fumble for 21 yards.
• Holly's 49 rushing yards marks the second most in his career. His career high is 58 yards against San Jose State in 2010.
• Tonight's match marks the second consecutive game that the Bulldogs have blocked a field goal.
• The last time the Bulldogs went to overtime was Sept. 8 at home against Hawai'i in 2007, when tech lost 45-44. This is the fifth overtime game in program history and the second Tech overtime victory.