Sept. 15, 2012
Final Stats |
Louisiana Tech vs. Rice
Joe Aillet Stadium
Sept. 15, 2012
- With consecutive games against CUSA members Houston and Rice to open the season, this marked the first time the Bulldogs have opened the season against teams from the same conference since 1993 when they opened against SEC teams Tennessee and South Carolina.
- Team captains were Jordan Mills (78), IK Enemkpali (41) and Stephen Warner (63).
- With the win, Louisiana Tech tied the all-time series with Rice, 3-3.
- The win pushes the Bulldogs to 2-0 on the season, the first time they have started 2-0 since 2004.
- With the win, Louisiana Tech is now 2-2 in RED OUT games.
- With the win, Louisiana Tech has now won nine consecutive regular season games. That streak currently ranks tied for fourth with TCU.
- After scoring 56 points, this is the first time since 76-77 that the Bulldogs have registered 50+ points in back-to-back games. 1910 was the last time 50+ points in consecutive games were scored in the same season.
- 56 points is the most points scored by Louisiana Tech versus Rice.
- Through two games, the Bulldogs are outscoring their opponents 35-6 in the 1st quarter.
- Louisiana Tech rushed for 333 yards. This was the first time they have rushed for more than 300 yards since they rushed for 374 at San Jose State on Nov. 27, 2010.
- Tech recorded at least 30 first downs for the second consecutive week.
- The announced attendance of 23,228 marked the 26th time Joe Aillet Stadium has had crowds over 20,000.
- Matt Nelson recorded eight points, tying his career high from last week’s game versus Houston.
- After Nelson’s eight PAT attempts, he now has 147 PAT attempts, passing Jerry Pope for 2nd most PAT attempts all-time.
- After going 6-6 in redzone chances, Louisiana Tech is now 13-13 on redzone chances for the season.
- Tevin King rushed for 204 yards, the first running back to rush for more than 200 yards since Lennon Creer versus San Jose State on Nov. 27, 2010.
- Kenneth Dixon rushed for three touchdowns. The Bulldogs now have had three touchdown performances by running backs in back-to-back games.
- Colby Cameron’s four touchdown passes tied his career high.
- Colby Cameron passed for three touchdowns in the 1st quarter, a career-high in one quarter.
- Quinton Patton had 119 yards receiving. This is the 5th time in his career he has eclipsed the 100-yard mark and now ties him for 11th all-time in 100-yard games.
- The 65-yard touchdown reception by Quinton Patton was the third longest of his career.
- Louisiana Tech is now +16 in turnover ratio in their last nine regular season games. In all nine games they have won the turnover margin and registered wins in all nine of them.
- Dave Clark recorded two fumble recoveries.
- Craig Johnson and Kevin Kisseberth registered sacks for the first time in their career.
- Rice’s Chris Boswell kicked a 57-yard field goal, tying the all-time record for Rice and making it the longest made field goal versus Louisiana Tech.