Sept. 22, 2012
Louisiana Tech at Illinois
Sept. 22, 2012
- With the win, Louisiana Tech is now 1-0 all-time against Illinois
- With the win, Louisiana Tech is now 2-2 when playing Big Ten Conference teams. The Bulldogs have won two in a row.
- The Bulldogs now have a 10-game regular season winning streak, a mark that ranks third in the nation.
- LA Tech now has a seven-game road winning streak, the longest such stretch since the mid-1970s.
- Louisiana Tech is 17-for-17 in red zone scoring this season with 16 touchdowns and one field goal.
- With a +3 turnover margin Saturday night, the Bulldogs currently have a +21 turnover margin in their 10 game regular season winning streak and a +18 turnover margin in the seven-game road winning streak.
- This marks the first time Louisiana Tech has scored at least 50 points in three consecutive games in school history.
- D.J. Banks’ touchdown with 5:58 remaining in the first quarter marked his first score in a Louisiana Tech uniform (he is a transfer from Tulane)
- Solomon Randle’s interception late in the first quarter was the second of his career and first since facing Boise State in 2010.
- Louisiana Tech is now outscoring opponents 56-13 in the first quarter through three games this season.
- The second quarter marked the first time this season Louisiana Tech has been held scoreless in a quarter this season.
- Antonio Mitchum’s fumble recovery in the end zone for a touchdown marked the first time a Tech player has recovered and returned a fumble for a touchdown since Chad Boyd returned a fumble for a touchdown at Ole Miss on Nov. 12, 2011.
- Colby Cameron tied a career-best four touchdown passes for the second consecutive game.