Sept. 24, 2011
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
- Saturday’s game marked just the sixth time Louisiana Tech has played in an overtime game and the second against an SEC opponent (L at #20 Auburn in 2001).
- The overtime contest marked the second time that Louisiana Tech has played two overtime games in a season, the last being in 2001 (L at #20 Auburn, W vs. Rice).
- Louisiana Tech’s three losses this year have been decided by a total of nine points.
- The only two times Louisiana Tech has played in an overtime game on the road, both were at SEC stadiums.
- Adrien Cole registerd a career-high 16 tackles. This marked his first 10-plus tackle game this season.
- Ryan Allen’s first punt went for 72 yards, a career-long punt and the fourth-longest punt in school history.
- Mississippi State’s subsequent punt return for a touchdown marked the first time a Louisiana Tech opponent has returned a punt for a touchdown since Texas A&M’s Dustin Harris returned a punt 54 yards for a touchdown on Sept. 11, 2010.
- Matt Broha made his team-leading 38th game started and has now started 20 consecutive games.
- Quinn Giles, Malon Lee and Josh Parrish each made their first career starts.
- Louisiana Tech drove down the field 80 yards for a touchdown late in the first quarter/early in the second quarter marking the longest drive resulting in a score this season.
- The muffed punt return by Andrew Guillot was the first for Louisiana Tech this season. LA Tech entered the game leading the nation in punt returns.
- The interception by Quinn Giles early in the fourth quarter marked the second of his career and the second in as many games.
- With field goals of 43 yards and 28 yards, this marks the second consecutive game Matt Nelson has successfully kicked two field goals.