Sept. 29, 2012
- With the win, Louisiana Tech is now 4-0. This marks the first time a Louisiana Tech team has started a season 4-0 since 1975.
- Louisiana Tech is now 1-0 all-time vs. Virginia.
- The win marks the second win against a BCS opponent this season and the third straight win against a BCS opponent overall. The Bulldogs last won two games against BCS opponents in one season in 1997 with wins over Alabama and California. (LA Tech beat Ole Miss, 27-7, last season).
- Louisiana Tech has now outscored BCS opponents 123-69 in the last three meetings. That stretch includes wins over Ole Miss, Illinois and Virginia and dates back to last season.
- Louisiana Tech has scored at least 31 unanswered points in back-to-back weeks. Both games were against BCS opponents.
- With three scores in a minute or less against Virginia, Louisiana Tech has now scored 11 touchdowns in 60 seconds or less this season.
- Louisiana Tech has now won 11 consecutive regular season games.
- With a +3 turnover margin tonight, Louisiana Tech now has a +24 turnover margin in its last 11 regular season games, all with a positive margin.
- Louisiana Tech has now won eight consecutive road games, the longest streak since the program won 11 consecutive road games from 1973-75.
- Colby Cameron’s rushing touchdown in the third quarter was the first rushing touchdown of the season and second rushing touchdown of his career.
- Matt Nelson tied a career-high three field goals made in the game. He also connected on three field goals vs. Navy in 2010 and at LSU in 2009.
- Ray Holley’s touchdown run late in the second quarter – the eighth of his career – marked the ninth scoring drive in less than one minute this season for the Bulldogs.
- The 24 points allowed in the first half by the Bulldogs were the most allowed in a first half by a Louisiana Tech team since No. 2 Boise State scored 28 points in the first half against Tech on Oct. 26, 2010 in Boise, Idaho.
- D.J. Banks recorded a career-best 94-yard kickoff return
- Louisiana Tech’s record of perfection in red zone scoring this season ended with just over six minutes left in the second quarter. Prior to failing to score, Louisiana Tech had scored on 19 consecutive trips to the red zone.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs