Oct. 7, 2016
Louisiana Tech vs. WKU
Oct. 6, 2016
Joe Aillet Stadium
• Announced attendance: 17,978.
• With the 55-52 win, LA Tech has an overall record of 3-3 and a 2-1 mark in Conference USA.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series over WKU, 4-2. The victory ended the Hilltoppers' 13-game conference winning streak.
• LA Tech improved to 10-4 at home in Conference USA games and has won nine of the last 10.
• Since moving up to Division I/FBS, the Bulldogs are now 3-5 when playing on Thursday nights.
• Head coach Skip Holtz registered his 25th victory at the helm of the Bulldogs.
• WKU won the coin toss and elected to receive to start the game.
• The 55 points scored is a season high and the most since scoring 56 on Nov. 7, 2015 versus North Texas. It was also the most points scored on WKU since Nov. 28, 2014. The most the Hilltoppers had given up this season was 38 to No. 1-ranked Alabama.
• The Bulldogs racked up 561 yards of total offense, marking the fourth time this season they have had 500+ in a single game.
• The 35 points was the most scored in a half by LA Tech since Oct. 24, 2015 versus Middle Tennessee.
• The Bulldogs have now scored on their opening drive in all six games this season.
• Ryan Higgins finished the game 33-45 for 454 passing yards and a career-high five touchdowns as well as seven rushes for 31 yards.
• Ryan Higgins has now passed for 300+ yards six times in his career (fourth time this season). That ranks seventh in program history.
• Ryan Higgins has now passed for 400+ yards three times in his career (all coming this season). That ranks tied for fourth in program history.
• In the last 17 quarters, Ryan Higgins is 118-of-181 (65%) for 1,615 passing yards, 15 touchdowns and zero interceptions.
• Carlos Henderson returned from injury to have a career night -- eight catches for 232 receiving yards (career high) and three touchdowns (career high).
• Carlos Henderson now has had six games of 100+ receiving yards, tied for ninth in school history.
• Carlos Henderson now has five receiving touchdowns on the season and 14 in his career.
• Trent Taylor registered a game-high 13 receptions for 108 receiving yards, marking the 33rd straight game with at least one catch.
• Trent Taylor now has 14 games with 100+ receiving yards (five straight and seven of the last eight).
• Trent Taylor now has 257 career receptions which now ranks 10th all-time in C-USA history.
• Trent Taylor now has 3,237 career receiving yards which now ranks ninth all-time in C-USA history.
• Trent Taylor has registered 10+ receptions in nine career games (six of the last eight), tying him for the second most in program history.
• Kam McKnight had a career-long reception of 33 yards to keep the Bulldogs drive alive late in the second quarter while also scoring his fourth rushing touchdown of the season.
• Jarred Craft had a team-high 14 carries for 81 yards to go along with a career-high eight catches for 53 yards. The junior also totaled a career-high three touchdowns (one rushing, two receiving).
• Jarred Craft now has four rushing touchdowns on the season and nine in his career. He also has 13 total touchdowns in his career.
• Jarred Craft has totaled 100+ all-purpose yards for the fifth straight game.
OFFENSIVE SCORING PLAYS
• Jarred Craft took the handoff up the middle for a 10-yard touchdown run, giving the Bulldogs a 35-24 lead with 39 seconds to go in the first half.
• Kam McKnight received the handoff in the T-Formation and powered it into the end zone from 1-yard out for the touchdown, giving the Bulldogs a 42-24 lead with 9:50 left in the third quarter.
• Xavier Woods registered a team-high nine tackles, including one tackle-for-loss.
• Jordan Bradford picked up a sack on WKU's last play of the first quarter, resulting in a loss of seven yards. It was his first solo sack of the season.
• In what was arguably the biggest play of the game, Aaron Brown registered a sack fumble on the Hilltoppers' first play from scrimmage as they were attempting to take the lead with a little over two minutes remaining in the game. The senior now has four career sacks.
• Jaylon Ferguson recovered the fumble late in the game, his first fumble recovery of his career.
• Jonathan Barnes was 2-for-2 on field goal attempts in the game, bringing his season total to 10-of-12 and his career total to 44-of-55. He has now made eight straight.
• Jonathan Barnes went 7-of-7 on extra-point attempts, making it 94 straight for the redshirt junior.
• Trent Taylor returned one point for 16 yards.
SPECIAL TEAMS SCORING PLAYS
• Jonathan Barnes nailed a 44-yard field goal, giving the Bulldogs a 52-31 lead with 44 seconds remaining in the third quarter.
• Jonathan Barnes hit a career-long 54-yard field goal, giving the Bulldogs a 55-38 lead with 11 minutes to go in the game. It tied for the third longest field goal in program history and was the longest field goal since Chris Boniol in 1991.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs