Oct. 7, 2017
Final Stats |
Louisiana Tech at UAB
Oct. 7, 2017
• Louisiana Tech captains were Jonathan Barnes, Jarred Craft, Teddy Veal, and Secdrick Cooper.
• With the 23-22 loss, the Bulldogs fall to 3-3 on the season and 1-1 in C-USA play.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series over UAB, 5-1.
• UAB won the coin toss and deferred to the second half.
• J'Mar Smith finished the game 17-of-29 passing for 209 yards and two touchdowns. It is the redshirt sophomores second straight game with multiple TD passes and zero interceptions.
• Boston Craft led the Bulldogs on the ground with 14 carries for 48 yards. It was the second-most rushes of the senior's career.
• Jaqwis Dancy came one yard short of tying his career high. He had five carries for 44 yards.
• Kam McKnight registered another goal line rushing TD, the third of this season and the 10th of his career. His three touchdowns on the ground leads the team.
• Teddy Veal led the Bulldogs in receptions for a fourth straight game. The junior caught five passes for 74 yards and a touchdown. He has recorded a receiving TD in three straight games.
• DeJuawn Oliver only had one catch but it was a big one. It covered 42 yards and went for a touchdown, his first of the season and third of his career.
• True freshman George Scott had a career-high two catches for 20 yards.
• Center Ethan Reed and running back Jarred Craft each made their 20th straight start.
• After going 3-and-out on the first two offensive drives, the Bulldogs found some rhythm that led to a 16-yard touchdown pass from J'Mar Smith to Teddy Veal, cutting the deficit to 13-7 with 4:51 left in the first quarter.
• Kam McKnight broke it outside for a 1-yard rushing touchdown, tying the game up at 16-16 with 13:10 remaining in the fourth quarter.
• J'Mar Smith scrambled and threw a deep ball up to DeJuawn Oliver who came down with a 42-yard touchdown. The PAT was no good so the Bulldogs trailed 23-22 with 3:32 left in the game.
• The LA Tech defense held the UAB offense to 366 total yards. They only allowed 138 yards in the second half and only allowed seven points.
• The Bulldog defense has allowed fewer than 200 yards in the second half in five of six games this season.
• LA Tech stopped UAB on a 4th-and-1. Opponents are now just 2-of-6 on 4th-down conversions this season.
• Defensive end Jaylon Ferguson made his 20th consecutive start.
• Jaylon Ferguson came up with a huge sack, the lone TFL of the game for the Bulldogs, which gave the team a chance to win the game on the last drive. He leads the team with four sacks this season and has 24.5 for his career.
• True freshman Amik Robertson had a career-high and team-high eight tackles.
• Jonathan Barnes went 1-of-2 on field goal attempts and 1-of-3 on extra-point attempts. He had only missed five PATs in his entire career (now 192-199).
• Jonathan Barnes connected on a 39-yard field goal, cutting the deficit to 13-10 with 10:31 to go in the second quarter. He is a perfect 10-of-10 on FGs this season inside 39 yards.
• Israel Turner registered his first career kickoff return. The redshirt freshman took the opening kickoff for 18 yards.
• Jaqwis Dancy had a 30-yard kickoff return in the first half, the second longest by a Bulldog this season.
• Brady Farlow and Davan Dyer each had three punt attempts on the day. Farlow had a total of 116 yards with a long of 44 yards. Dyer had a total of 127 yards with a career-tying 52 yarder.