Nov. 6, 2010
Box Score |
• Jay Dudley recorded his first sack of the season while notching his first career forced fumble. Dudley also recorded a career-high and a team individual season-high 18 tackles in the game.
• QB Ross Jenkins tallied his first career reception, a 43-yarder in the first quarter.
• Philip Livas 29-yard punt return in the first half marked his 38th career punt return moving him into 10th all-time on the Tech career list.
• Livas’ 95-yard kick return in the fourth quarter is the seventh (kickoff/punt) of his career – one shy of the NCAA record of eight held by five others (most recently CJ Spiller, Clemson).
• Ryan Allen’s touchback in the first half marked the first of his LA Tech career.
• DL Justin Ellis made his first appearance in a collegiate football game.
• Mason Hitt picked up his first career fumble recovery.
• Olajuwon Paige picked off Fresno State QB Ryan Colburn in the third quarter for his second interception of his career.
• Taulib Ikharo established a new career-high with three receiving touchdowns on three catches. His second one of the game was a 0-yard fumble recovery in the endzone after Ross Jenkins caught a 43-yard pass from Richie Casey and then fumbled on the one-yard line into the endzone. Ikharo fell on it which statistically considered a TD reception (although he doesn’t get any yardage or a reception on the play).
• Javontay Crowe recorded a career-high 10 tackles in the game.
• Four different Bulldogs recorded double digit tackles, including Dudley (18), Adrien Cole (11), Chad Boyd (11) and Crowe (10).
• Today’s game marks the first time that Tech has had a receiver with three touchdown receptions (Ikharo) since last season at Fresno State (Nov. 11, 2009) when Dennis Morris accomplished the feat.
• Tech falls to 3-9 all-time against Fresno State. However, the last eight games in the series have been decided by an average of 7.25 points. The last three games have been decided by 3.67 points.
• Tech’s touchdown on the opening drive marked the quickest time that the Bulldogs have scored to start a game this season.
• Tech’s touchdown to start the game marks the third time in four games that the Bulldogs have scored on their opening drive.
• Fresno State’s blocked punt in the third quarter marks the first time that Tech has had a punt blocked since last season against Nevada (Oct. 9, 2009).
• The blocked extra point attempt against Tech in the fourth quarter marks the first time that has occurred since Aug. 20, 2008 at Mississippi State.