Nov. 10, 2012
No. 18 Louisiana Tech at Texas State
- On his touchdown pass to R.P. Stuart in the first quarter, quarterback Colby Cameron set a new NCAA record for consecutive pass attempts without an interception (380). That breaks the old NCAA record set by Russell Wilson (North Carolina State) in 2008-09. He ended the game with the streak intact at 419 consecutive passes attempted without an interception.
- Kenneth Dixon scored four rushing touchdowns to set a new NCAA record for rushing touchdowns in a season by a freshman. Dixon ended the game with 24 rushing scores to his credit this year breaking the old record of 21 set by Marshall Faulk (San Diego State, 1991) and Ryan Williams (Virginia Tech, 2009).
- Louisiana Tech has now run 280 consecutive plays (dating back to the Idaho game) this season without an interception.
- Kenneth Dixon set a new NCAA record for most points scored in a season by a freshman with 150 points. That breaks the old record of 140 points scored by then-freshman Marshall Faulk (San Diego State) in 1991.
- Kenneth Dixon set a new NCAA record for most touchdowns scored by a freshman with 25 (24 rushing, 1 receiving). That breaks the old record of 24 set by Marshall Faulk (San Diego State) in 1991 (21 rushing, 2 receiving).
- Colby Cameron’s 49-yard pass to D.J. Banks with 0:23 remaining in the first half capped a scoring drive that lasted only 25 seconds; the fifth-fastest offensive scoring drive this season.
- Louisiana Tech extended its streak of scoring 24 or more points in a game to 19 consecutive games. That streak ranks second in the nation only to Oregon, which entered the week with 23 consecutive games played scoring 24 or more points.
- Louisiana Tech has now won 10 consecutive Western Athletic Conference games.
- Louisiana Tech has now won 10 consecutive road games.
- Saturday’s game marks the fifth of five opponents from the state of Texas for Louisiana Tech. In all five games against Texas schools, the Bulldogs have scored over 50 points.