Nov. 12, 2016
Louisiana Tech vs. UTSA
• Announced attendance: 23,012.
• With the 63-35 victory, LA Tech is now 8-3 on the season and 6-1 in C-USA play. With a Southern Miss loss today, the Bulldogs clinched the C-USA West Division title. It also marks the third straight year they have won at least six league games (only team in C-USA to do so).
• The Bulldogs have now won seven straight. It ties the seven-game winning streak from 2011.
• LA Tech is now 19-4 in C-USA games since 2014, the best winning percentage in the league during that span.
• LA Tech now leads the all-time series against UTSA, 4-1. The Bulldogs are 3-0 versus the Roadrunners in Ruston.
• The Bulldogs improved to 67-22-2 all-time in homecoming games. They have won nine of the last 10 homecoming games.
• LA Tech went a perfect 5-0 at home this season. It marks the first time since 2001 the Bulldogs went undefeated in a single season.
• Skip Holtz is now 30-20 as head coach of the Bulldogs.
• UTSA won the coin toss and elected to defer to the second half.
• The 63 points is the most the Bulldogs have scored this season. It was the most scored since scoring 76 versus Rice on Nov. 29, 2014.
• With the 28-point victory, the Bulldogs have now won five straight games by at least 20 points.
• For the first time this season, the Bulldog offense did not score on its opening drive of the game, ending a streak that was at 10 games.
• The offense has scored at least 40 points in six straight games. That marks the first time since 2012 when the Bulldogs did it in seven straight games.
• The Bulldogs scored 35 points in the first half. That marks the fifth time this season they have scored 30+ points in a single half.
• The Bulldogs have won by 20+ points in five straight games, the longest streak in program history.
• Ryan Higgins finished the day 17-of-26 passing for 293 yards and four touchdowns. He now has 34 passing touchdowns which is tied for the third most in program history. He also has 3,460 passing yards which ranks eighth in school history.
• Ryan Higgins has thrown at least three touchdowns in seven games this season.
• J'mar Smith came in at quarterback in the fourth quarter and threw one pass that was incomplete, but he ran the ball three times for 23 yards and a touchdown, his second rushing touchdown of the season.
• Alfred Smith had a career night, leading the team with 126 receiving yards and registering his first career touchdown.
• Marlon Watts tallied his first touchdown reception of the season and the second of his career. It came on his longest reception of his career for 50 yards.
• Trent Taylor had a team-high five receptions, bringing his single season total to 103. He becomes just the fourth wide receiver in program history to record 100 receptions in a single season (Troy Edwards, Quinton Patton and James Jordan).
• Carlos Henderson recorded a touchdown via rushing, receiving and kickoff return. He now has 20 total touchdowns this season, becoming the third Bulldog in history to eclipse 20 in a single season (Kenneth Dixon, Troy Edwards). The 20 touchdowns is also the fifth most in program history. Eighteen of those have come in the last six games he has played in.
• Boston Scott led the Bulldogs on the ground to the tune of 10 carries for 80 yards.
• Jarred Craft recorded his seventh rushing touchdown and the 10th overall this season.
OFFENSIVE SCORING PLAYS
• Jarred Craft punched it into the end zone from 1-yard out, giving the Bulldogs a 14-7 advantage with 3:12 remaining in the first quarter.
• Carlos Henderson went up high and snatched a 6-yard receiving touchdown, giving the Bulldogs a 21-7 lead with 13:28 left in the second quarter.
• Carlos Henderson took an end-around for a 14-yard rushing touchdown, giving the Bulldogs a 35-7 edge with 2:54 left in the first half.
• Ryan Higgins hit Marlon Watts down the sideline for a 50-yard touchdown reception, giving the Bulldogs a 49-21 lead with 12:01 to go in the fourth quarter.
• The Bulldog defense recorded five sacks on the night. They have tallied 26 total sacks in the last five games.
• With the interception by Ronald Lewis, The defense has now forced at least one turnover in seven straight games.
• Lloyd Grogan led the team with nine tackles, including a tackle-for-loss and a pass break-up.
• Jaylon Ferguson had two sacks, bring his season total to 12 which is the third most in program history.
• Cedric Johnson recorded his second sack of his career.
• Elliott Blankenship registered his third sack of the season, all coming in the last five games.
• Darryl Lewis picked up his first career solo sack.
• Jonathan Barnes was a perfect 8-of-8 on extra points.
• Trent Taylor registered his first career extra point attempt and made it.
• Carlos Henderson recorded his second kickoff return for a touchdown this season and the third of his career.
• With UTSA trying an onside kick, Jarred Craft recorded his first kickoff return and took it all the way for his first kickoff return for a touchdown.
SPECIAL TEAMS SCORING PLAYS
• Carlos Henderson took the opening kickoff and ran it all the way for 90 yards and the touchdown, giving the Bulldogs a 7-0 lead with 14:44 remaining in the first quarter.
• Jarred Craft scooped up an attempted onside kick by UTSA and took it 45 yards for a touchdown.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Academic Center
- Archived News
- Athletic Training
- Business Partners
- Hotel Partners
- LA Tech Hall of Fame
- Official Logo Guide
- Recruiting Questionnaires
- SA Handbook
- Sponsorship & Advertising
- Wheels for Dogs