Nov. 17, 2012
Final Stats |
Louisiana Tech vs. Utah State
Nov. 17, 2012
- Louisiana Tech leads the all-time series 6-4 over Utah State. LA Tech has won two of the last three meetings between the teams and is 3-2 in home games versus the Aggies.
- The announced attendance of 25,614 is the largest crowd at Joe Aillet Stadium this season and the third largest in Joe Aillet Stadium history. It also marked the 30th time of over 20,000 in attendance at the stadium. Five games at Joe Aillet Stadium this year have averaged a school record 22,918 fans; six total home games (including vs. Texas A&M in Shreveport) averaged a school record 25, 841 attendance this season.
- Bulldog captains for today’s game against Utah State were Solomon Randle and Colby Cameron.
- Utah State won the coin toss and deferred to start the game. Bulldogs will receive to open the game.
- Each team scored a combined 45 points (21 LA Tech) in the third quarter. LA Tech is now outscoring their opponents 167-65 in the third quarter.
- The Bulldog offense had 629 total yards on the day. This marked the tenth time in eleven games this season they have gone for over 500 yards. It is the sixth time this season Tech has totaled over 600 yards of total offense.
- The Bulldogs had one scoring drive that took under one minute giving the team 21 for the season.
- The LA Tech offense went 5-for-9 in redzone conversions. The Bulldogs have now converted on 67 of 80 redzone attempts (60 touchdowns and 7 field goals).
- Solomon Randle led Tech with eight tackles on the night.
- Matt Nelson made five extra points in the game, giving him 72 (of 75) made on the season which extends his own single-season LA Tech record for PAT’s that is still active.
- Matt Nelson now has 353 total career points putting him first all-time in LA Tech history; broke Troy Edwards and record of 344. He is now first all-time in career scoring for kickers; broke Josh Scobee’s record of 339. Nelson now has 108 points this season making him the all-time leader for points in a season by a kicker; broke Scobee’s record of 98 points in 2001; third all-time in overall scoring in a season with 108 points.
- Matt Nelson’s two field goals gave him 52 made for his career which ranks him third all-time in made field goals; his 71 attempts (second field goal blocked) makes him fifth all-time. Nelson now 11-17 in field goals on the season.
- Ryan Allen had three punts for an average of 47 yards per punt. His long was 53 yards and was his 15th downed punt inside the 20.
- Colby Cameron has 28 touchdown passes on the season.
- Colby Cameron ended his single-season NCAA record of consecutive pass attempts without an interception with 444 attempts with an interception late in the second quarter against the Aggies.
- Colby Cameron passed for over 300 yards marking the eighth time he has done so this season and the tenth time in his career, ranking him third all-time at LA Tech..
- Patton finished the game with 181 receiving yards, going over 100 for the sixth time this season. This gives him 10 career 100-yard receiving games which ranks him fifth all-time.
- Kenneth Dixon has 26 rushing touchdowns on the season. He has 27 total touchdowns for the season – ties LA Tech record for TDs in a season with Troy Edwards in 1998.
- With 109 yards, Kenneth Dixon recorded his sixth 100-yard rushing game this season.