Tech Officials Address Parking Plan for Saturday
Nov. 13, 2012
RUSTON - Louisiana Tech fans attending Saturday's important Western Athletic Conference showdown with Utah State set for a 3 p.m. kickoff at Joe Aillet Stadium should be aware of the parking plan surrounding the game.
The Bulldogs (9-1, 4-0) and the Aggies (8-2, 4-0) are currently tied for first place in the league standings as a share of the championship title is on the line.
With University commencement exercises set for 10 a.m. at the Thomas Assembly Center, parking around the two facilities will be crowded but Tech officials and University police have released the following information regarding the matter.
1. Graduation participants will be allowed to park in the lots surrounding the TAC. An announcement will be made during graduation requesting that all vehicles without an LTAC football parking pass be moved to another location at the conclusion of the ceremony. Graduation is expected to last approximately two hours.
2. Lot A will be available for pass holders beginning at 7 a.m. on game day. However, the lot is expected to fill with graduation participants by 9:30 a.m. Between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 12 p.m., the access to A parking will be extremely limited. At the conclusion of graduation, vehicles will exit this area and the lot will become available to Lot A pass holders only. The lot is expected to be available around 12:30 p.m.
3. Lot B will be reserved for tailgate participants (limited graduation parking will be allowed), and those with a B parking pass may arrive/park beginning at 7 a.m. on game day.
4. Lot C will have a small parking area blocked off for those that arrive early to tailgate in the reserved spaces in Lot C. Please make plans to arrive by no later than 9 a.m. to ensure access to your tailgate location.
5. RV-area parking will open Friday morning. Access to these spaces will be available until 9 a.m. on Saturday morning. After that time, access to your space is not guaranteed due to the number of vehicles that will be in Lot C for graduation.
Tech officials will work with the Tech Police to make every effort to provide parking for all LTAC members with a parking pass. Arrival prior to 9 a.m. or after 1 p.m. will present the best options for access to your designated parking area.
The paid parking lots will be available beginning at 10 am on Saturday morning. The cost is $10 per vehicle and the two lots are located at the Lady Techsters Softball field and the Rugby/Soccer field on the east side of Joe Aillet Stadium. Other available parking areas: Ruston High School, Lambright Intramural Center, Nielsen/Caruthers dorms, Scotty Robertson Memorial Gym.
Tickets for the game are currently on sale and can be purchased by calling the Tech Ticket Office at 318-257-3631 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.